S. Agnese
Community ID
 
2294
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Agnese delle Vergini
 
Town
 
Città di Castello
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the Porta S. Maria (currently the church of S. Barbara)
 
Date Founded
 
1352 (November 20)
 
Date Terminated
 
1380-82 (See "Incorporated By," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Poor Clares
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by Ser Marco Vanni in a small house.

 
Notable Heads
 

Margherita di Altiera, abbess.

 
Incorporated By
 

In 1380, the community united with S. Maria de Pupula, and in 1382 their goods were incorporated as well. Some nuns were furious and went ot live with the nuns of S. Maria della Fonte fuori della Porta S. Maria, taking some of the furniture with them. Five nuns were found guilty.

 
Relative Wealth
 

Much land and money was left to the community.

 
Early Documents
 

April 29, 1353: Community sells various land and houses in the district of Perugia in the villa at the Taulerio Hill.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1352
 
Date Finished
 
1380
 
Length
 
690