Mittelmünster
Community ID
 
2592
 
Town
 
Regensburg
 
Diocese
 
Regensburg
 
Modern Location
 
Regensburg; in the governmental district of Oberpfalz
 
Dedication
 
S. Paul
 
Date Founded
 
983
 
Date Terminated
 
1588
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

This community of Benedictine nuns was founded in 983 by S. Wolfgang, bishop of Regensburg. It continued as a female community into the fourteenth century. The community was dissolved in 1588 and the site was transformed into a Jesuite college.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Any existing buildings were destroyed by war damage in 1809.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Admin. Notes
 

further research necessary

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
983
 
Date Finished
 
1588
 
Length
 
531