Lindau (Canonesses)
Community ID
 
2343
 
Alternate Names
 
Kanonissenstift, Lindau
 
Town
 
Lindau
 
Diocese
 
Constance; presently, Augsburg
 
Medieval Location
 
Lindau
 
Modern Location
 
Lindau (on the Bodensee); in the governmental district of Schwabia; in the administrative district of Lindau.
 
Dedication
 
Mary (unsere liebe Frau)
 
Date Founded
 
822 (circa)
 
Date Terminated
 
1802
 
Foundation Information
 

The community of canonesses was founded by Count Adelbert of Raetien from the family of Burcharde.

 
Secular Political Affiliations
 

The community eventually fell into the hands of the princes of Bretzenstein.

 
Secondary Sources
 

[1]BACKMUND. Kollegiatstifte, 127-130.
[2]Hist. Staetten, 391.

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1922 the partially burned church was used as a parish church.

 
Admin. Notes
 

more research necessary

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
822
 
Date Finished
 
1802
 
Length
 
574