Gokirch
Community ID
 
1370
 
Alternate Names
 
Coenobium S. Odalrici
 
Town
 
Paderborn
 
Diocese
 
Paderborn
 
Dedication
 
S. Mary, S. John the Baptist, S. Odalricus
 
Date Founded
 
1228
 
Date Terminated
 
1810, December 14
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian / Benedictine after 1513
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

The convent was founded in 1228 as a daughter house of S. Aegidii in Muenster. Originally the community was Cistercian. Circa 1513 it joined the Bursfelder Congregation as a Benedictine house.

 
Dependency Of
 

It was a daughter house of S. Aegidii in Münster.

 
Secondary Sources
 

[1]Monasticon Westfaliae.
[2]Bieling, A. Geschichte des Cisterzienserinnenkloster Gaukirch, in Zeitschrift 36 II, s. 62.

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

The community's archives are in the Staatarchiv in Münster and in the Teodorianischen Bibliothek in Paderborn.

 
Admin. Notes
 

Needs more research

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1228
 
Date Finished
 
1810
 
Length
 
615