di Boviglione
Community ID
 
2721
 
Alternate Names
 
di Baldignano
 
Town
 
Borgo San Sepolcro
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Medieval Location
 
4 km. from Borgo San Sepolcro, piviere di Tolenani, near a castle, and the church and hospital of S. Lazzaro. The community was later transfered to the city, near the Porta S. Niccolo.
 
Date Founded
 
1266 or earlier
 
Charitable/Work
 

Nuns took care of patients in the nearby hospital of S. Lazzaro.

 
Early Documents
 

1278, July 22: Bishop Niccolo lifted the order of excommunication (see below), and blessed the first stone of the altar of the church.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1266, Bishop Niccolo excommunicated the nuns for not adhering to his precepts.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1266
 
Length
 
563