Corpus Domini
Community ID
 
563
 
Town
 
Pesaro
 
Diocese
 
Pesaro
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Corporate Status
 
Convent and Hospital
 
Date Founded
 
1438
 
Date Terminated
 
1732
 
Religious Order
 
Poor Clares
 
Foundation Information
 

The monastery was erected by Felice Meda, who was already abbess at the convent of S. Orsola in Milan. The monastery's church had been founded by Galazzo Maletesie and his wife, Baltista Feltrie. It was they who brought Felice to Pesaro.

 
First Members
 

8 sisters from Felice Meda's convent in Milan.

 
Notable Heads
 

B. Felice Meda (d. Sept 30, 1444), abbess from 1339-44.

 
Notable Members/Residents/Guests
 

Eugenia de Novarra; Blessed Serafina Feltra

 
Population Counts
 

1438: 8 sisters came from S. Orsola in Milan

 
Priveleges & Papal Exemptions
 

Eugenius IV: 28 November 1438

 
Incorporated Communities
 

Incorporated S. Chiara (see S. Chiara) in 1485, per the order of Pope Innocent VIII. According to Répertoire topo-bibliographique des abbayes et prieurés, both of these houses were combined to form a new monastery in the same town, founded by Baptiste Malatesta c. 1440.

 
Early Documents
 

1457: monastery was refuge of Svena di Montefeltro, wife of Duke Alessandro Sforza; 1485: Bull of Innocent VIII transferrs the nuns of S. Chiara to Corpus Domini (or to other monasteries)

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder; Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1438
 
Date Finished
 
1732
 
Length
 
1159