Browse Monasticon

Title Dedicationsort ascending Region Date Founded Date Terminated
S. Clara Piedmont 1298 1855
S. Sebastiano Marche 1200-1299 (circa) Supressed in 1810; used as a hospital until 1874.
Klingental
S. Caterina 1281 or earlier
Frauweiler 1452 or earlier 1540 (circa)
Villesalem 6R 1089
Roosendael Antwerp 1227
S. Caecilia 700-799 (8th century)
Novus Boscus 6Q 1344 or earlier
Tech Munnu Wexford 1171 or earlier 1330 (circa)
Doornzeele Flanders (East) 1227 (or earlier)
Brienne 6U 1259
S. Osberga Warwickshire 700 or earlier
S. Caterina Piedmont
Name unknown -- center for oblates and recluses Marche
degli Angeli Tuscany 1333 or earlier 1404 or later
S. Caterina di Quarto Emilia-Romagna 1205 1291
S. Lucia 1326/27
S. Spirito 1245 or earlier 1827 (See "Incorporated By," below)
S. Symphorien 9K 626-47 882
Belian Hainault 1243-1245
S. Victor-a-Huy Liege 1144
Perpignan 6I 1263-1270
S. Maria de Bovera Catalonia 1195 1237 - 1589: part of the remaining members went to <C1235>, and another part were incorporated by <C1250>.. in 1589, the three final nuns were transferred to <C1232>.
Iseure 6C 1151
Cell-chatiern Cork
Charly 6F 1327 or earlier
Nunburnholme Yorkshire 1189 or earlier 1536
S. Pietro Puellarm Piedmont 988 or earlier 1570 (April 14) -- see
S. Bastiano Tuscany 1370 or earlier
Fanciulle del Ceppo Tuscany
S. Maria Maddalena delle Convertite Emilia-Romagna 1442
Hereford 1000 or after 1066 or after
S. Pietro di Valle Rasina
Binderen 1231 (circa)
Blijdenberg Antwerp 1253 or earlier
Neuville-les-Dames 6U 1184 or earlier 1260 -- turned over to regular canons
Postel Brabant 1135 (circa) 1299 or earlier (13th century)
Merkem Flanders (West) 1147-1168
Name unknown (La Rapita) Catalonia 1290 1587
Lons-le-Saunier 6H 1200-1299 (13th century)
Newtown Laois
Crecy 6G 1137 (circa) 1300-1399 (14th century)
Orleans (S. Pierre-le-Pueliler) 6F 600-699 (7th century)? 900 or earlier -- became a house of male canons
Arden Yorkshire, Cheshire 1150
S. Tommaso Apulia 1195 (circa) 1197 -- the buildings of this short-lived community were given by Enrico VI to the hospital of S. Maria dei Teutonici in Barletta. This gift was confirmed in a document of 1204.
S. Agnese Piedmont 1237 (November 10) -- according to Cottineau, dates back as early as 1101 1802 -- supressed. In 1810, the order asked the government to give back at least on of the two monasteries, which they reopened under the name of S. Chiara.
Begno Marche
S. Maria di Liviano 1411 -- by this date, all the nuns had died, and the community was re-incorporated into S. Pietro
Schwarzach 770 (circa) 877

Pages