Browse Monasticon

Title Dedication Regionsort descending Date Founded Date Terminated
Dünnwald S. Nicholas 1143/48 (circa: see "foundation information," below) 1803
Wilberghaus 1439 (circa) 1579
S. Katharina (S. Katharine) S. Katharine 1230 (circa) 1802
Corbridge 786 or before 1066 or before
S. Caterina 1220
Geldern Blessed Virgin Mary 1300-1399 (14th century)
S. Elisabeth S. Elizabeth 1256 1812
Mariengarten 1233 or earlier
S. Maria degli Angeli 1313 or earlier
Kempen S. Anne 1421 or earlier? 1802
Karlsburg Blessed Virgin Mary (?) 741 1350 (circa)
S. Madeline Bonoloco S. Martin of Tours 1134 1789
Frauenwörth Blessed Virgin Mary 770-782 (circa) 1803; refounded 1838- present
Bebaia Elpis Mother of God Bebaia Elpis "Sure Hope" 1327-35
Na Frantisku ca. 13th century
S. Maria del Monte 1244
Niedermünster Ascension of Mary (Maria Himmelfahrt); S. Erhard after 750 1802/3
S. Marien (S. Mary's) S. Mary (the convent also had altars to S. Pantaleon, Anna, and Thomas) 973 (939, according to Kramer) 1570, October 1
S. Petronilla 1399: Pope Boniface IX gave the properties to the canons of the Cathedral Chapter of Todi
S. Anna 1385
Agnetenberg S. Agnes(?) 1458 1812
Weihenberg S. Cosmas and S. Damian; later S. Veit 1145 1410-1448
Ören S. Mary 650
Chester (Early Foundation) St. Werburg? 1066, or before, possibly as early as 875 1093
S. Agnese 1490 or earlier
Geisenfeld 1037 1803
Marienstein S. Mary (the visitation of Mary); S. John the Evangelist; all Apostles and Evangelists 1460 1804-1807
Convent of the White Women of the Penitential Order of Mary Magdalene 1229
S. Gregorio 1316 or earlier
Kaufungen Holy Cross; S. Salvator; S. Mary; S. Peter; All Saints 880-898 (circa) 1527
Kitzingen Blessed Virgin Mary 734-749 1544
Fläscheim S. Mary 1166 1803
Himmelpforte (St Agnes) On August 11, 1331, the Himmelpforte church was consecrated by St. Dietrich, Bishop of the Church of Dyonisin. The church was dedicated to S. Agnes and Katharina (Zak 166). The later appended chapel contained an altar dedicated to S. Katharina, and was c. 1235 (Zak 143); it was the fifth oldest Viennese women’s house (141). September 28, 1783 (Schimmer 383)
Wroclaw
S. Margherita 1271
Obermünster Ascension of Mary (Maria Himmelfahrt) circa 780 1802
Marienbeck Blessed Virgin Mary 1449
Bassum S. Victor and Mauritius (first mentioned in 1289); Mary 849-865 (circa) still extant
S. Maria dentro la Città 1364 1408 (See "Incorporated by," below)
S. Agostino 1379
Dorstadt Holy Cross, Blessed Virgin Mary, and S. Trinitas 1189 1545
Wechterswinkel The Holy Trinity and S. Margaret, S. Mary (by 1150); currently S. Cosmas and Damian 1143 (circa) 1592
Pfalzel 700 (circa) 1016; refounded as male house
Cheddar 871 or before 1066 or later
Montesanto 1235, October 24
Engelporten S. Michael; All Saints; S. Jacob; S. Catherine of Sienna 1280 (circa)
Marienburg S. Peter and Paul 1142 or later 1806
Sion 1215 (circa); 1238, according to McDonnell.
S. Mostiola 1296 or earlier
Kamp 1378

Pages