Browse Monasticon

Title Dedication Regionsort ascending Date Founded Date Terminated
S. Simone e S. Guida Piedmont 1094 1400-1499 (15th c.)
S. Spirito Piedmont 1214 or earlier 1802 -- the monastery buildings were transferred to the oblates of S. Carlo in 1828
Name unknown Piedmont 1228
S. Cecilia Piedmont
S. Stefano Piedmont 1121 (circa)
S. Salvatore detto il Leano or S. Liano Piedmont
S. Giorgio Piedmont 1234 or earlier
Santa Maria de Campis Piedmont 1057
S. Maria Piedmont 1200-1230 (circa) 1597 (June 13) -- see "Incorporated By," below.
S. Nazzaro dei Burgondi Piedmont 982 or earlier (see "Early Documents," below) 1600 or earlier
S. Marino and S. Leo Piedmont
S. Pietro Martire Piedmont 1802 (August 16)
S. Benedetto Piedmont
S. Martiniano Piedmont 904 1601 (see "Incorporated By," below).
S. Pietro Piedmont 1127 1573 (see "Incorporated By," below).
S. Maria Vecchia Piedmont 1577: Bishop Ippolito Rossi wanted to enlarge the episcopal palace, so he supressed the house and transferred the nuns, along with the body of S. Onora, to S. Maria delle Caccie.
S. Margherita Piedmont 1255 (July 3) 1802
S. Chiara Piedmont 1330
S. Michele Piedmont 1200-1230 (circa) 1330-1370 (circa) -- see "Incorporated By," below.
S. Clemente Piedmont 960 (circa)
S. Maria in Josephat Piedmont
S. Graziano Piedmont 1480 1800-1899: supressed twice during the 19th century, but restored; currently extant.
S. Caterina Piedmont 810
S. Agata Piedmont 1262 1571: transferred to the monastery S. Caterina della Ruota
S. Anastasia (Anastasio?) S. Anastasia, martyr Piedmont 991 (May 4)
S. Felice Piedmont
S. Eusebia Piedmont 300-399 (circa)? 570-630 (circa)
S. Maria Maddalena Piedmont 1100-1150 (circa)
S. Maria di Belmonte Piedmont 1016 1326 (see "Incorporated By," below)
S. Dalmazzo Piedmont
S. Bartolomeo Piedmont 1174 or earlier
S. Maria di Belmonte Piedmont 1325 (see "Incorporated By," below)
S. Ippolito e S. Maria Maddalena Piedmont 1230: destroyed by the Alessandrini
S. Clara Piedmont 1300 1802, but restored later in the 19th c.
Agata in Monte Piedmont 673 1782: the goods of the house were ceded to the civic hospital of S. Matteo. In 1813, the lands were bought by Count Giacomo Fantoni, who formed a public bath with the many rooms.
S. Annunziata Piedmont 1458 (circa)
S. Maria di Certosa Piedmont 1274 (November 2) 1537 or earlier: inhabited by monks until 1614.
S. Lorenzo e S. Maria della Valle Piedmont 1285
S. Pietro de Castelfaccio Piedmont 1092-4
S. Agata Piedmont 1144 (circa) 1591/1802 (see "Order," below)
S. Stefano del lago Piedmont
Name Unknown Piedmont
S. Marta extra muros Piedmont 1102 or earlier 1511 (see "Incorporated By," below)
Name Unknown Piedmont 1224 or earlier
S. Quirici Piedmont
S. Giorgio Piedmont 1132 or earlier
S. Maria Maddalena Piedmont
Name unknown Piedmont 1802
S. Maria delle Grazie Piedmont 1182 1516 -- became an Augustinian hermitate; destroyed in 1525
Name unknown Piedmont 749-756 (circa)

Pages