Browse Monasticon

Title Dedication Region Date Founded Date Terminatedsort descending
S. Ursula S. Ursula (?) 1235 or earlier 1667
Burlage S. Mary 1140-1150 or earlier 1672
Heidingsfeld 1237 1676
S. Katharine S. Katherine (?) 1297 1677
S. Martino e S. Bartolomeo di Mugnone Saint Martin / Saint Bartholomew Tuscany 1348 [needs verification: does not conform with date under "early documents"] 1680 or later
Marienthal unknown 1491 1682
Engelthal 1324 (circa) 1689 (circa)
Name unknown (Alguaire) Catalonia 1250 1699
S. Lorenzo in Panisperna Lawrence LZ 1308 1700 or later
S. Elisabetta 1230 1700-1799
S. Maria del Popolo 1445 or earlier 1700-1799 (18th c.)
S. Caterina 1350 (circa) 1700-1799 (18th century)
S. Agata Marche 1250-1300 (circa) 1700-1799 -- destroyed
Buxtehude, Neukloster Domina nostra (Mary); John the Evangelist 1270 1705/7 with the death of the last inhabitant of the community
S. Maria de Lleida Catalonia 1204 1717
S. Antonio Piedmont 1046 or earlier 1725 (see "Incorporated By," below)
Corpus Domini Marche 1438 1732
S. Piero Saint Peter Tuscany 1257 or earlier 1749 or later
Holy Trinity Trinity Suffolk 1251 or earlier 1754 or earlier
S. James James Suffolk 1199 or earlier 1754 or earlier
S. Apollinare 1229 (1201 according to Bigaroni); Second mounastery built in the city in 1286. They could not build earlier because <C1460> had been prohibited by Pope Clement IV from building church or monastery in the vicinity. Honorius IV later reduced distance. 1766, but restored in 1881.
S. Stefano 1256 or earlier 1773, December, by Bishop Tommaso Struzzieri (Bishop of Amelia from 1770 to 1775): In 1774, a priest of Sambucetole (Diocesis of Amelia) wrote: "Pagò la decima Francesco alis Focaraccio per il lavoreccio delle Carpinete spettante al Soppresso Monastero di
S. Monica Saint Monica Tuscany 1338 1775
S. Maria Regina Coeli Saint Mary (Queen of Heaven) Tuscany 1343 1777 or later
S. Clara S. Clare (needs verification) 1272 1782
Name unknown (Franciscans/Clares) 1433 1782
Agata in Monte Piedmont 673 1782: the goods of the house were ceded to the civic hospital of S. Matteo. In 1813, the lands were bought by Count Giacomo Fantoni, who formed a public bath with the many rooms.
Ridlerkloster John the Baptist; John the Evangelist 1295 1783
S. Georgen am Langsee S. George Salzburg 998-1009 1783
S. Niccolo Saint Nicholas Tuscany 1350-1400 (circa) 1783
S. Chiara Saint Clare Tuscany 1310 1783
S. Lorenz 1327 (Schimmer 412) 1783 (Schimmer 415)
S. Caterina di Siena Saint Catherine of Siena Tuscany 1487 1784
S. Lucia Saint Lucy Tuscany 1328 1784 (circa)
S. Pier Maggiore Saint Peter Tuscany 1067 (circa) 1784 (circa)
S. Maria delle Vergini Marche 1350 1784, by Marcellini. Nuns were forced out for bad behavior between 1518 and 1520, and again in 1554-56. Finally supressed in 1784 and the nuns were divided between <C523>, S. Suca and <C517>.
S. Margherita 1784, or 1815 (See "Incorporated By," below)
S. Maria Saint Mary Tuscany 1268 1785
Bersenbrück Blessed Virgin Mary; S. Vincent 1231 1786
S. Girolamo Saint Jerome Tuscany 1286 1786
S. Domenico Saint Dominic Tuscany 1382 1786
S. Silvestro Saint Sylvester Tuscany 1322 1786
S. Dalmazio Saint Dalmatius Tuscany 1147 1786
S. Anna Saint Anne Tuscany 1275 1786
S. Maria Marche 1234 or earlier 1788: Secularized by a Bull of Pope Pius IV
Alspach St. Matthew the Apostle Kaysersberg valley, Alsace 1289 for female community (ca. 1049 orig. foundation) 1789
S. Madeline Bonoloco S. Martin of Tours 1134 1789
Nonenque Virgin Mary 6L 1130-1139 (circa) 1789
Andlau S. Peter, S. Fabian, S. Felicitas 887 (circa) 1789
Lichtenthal S. Mary (Blessed Virgin Mary) 1245 1789 (circa)

Pages