Baldignano
Community ID
 
2296
 
Alternate Names
 
di Baldignano
 
Town
 
Città di Castello
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Medieval Location
 
4 km. from Borgo S. Sepolcro; near a castle, hospital an church of S. Lazzaro, where the nuns took care of the female patients. Community later transferred to Borgo, Porta S. Niccolo.
 
Early Documents
 

1266: Bishop Niccolo excommunicated all the nuns for not adhering to his precepts. When the nuns complied, he absolved them and blessed the first stone of the new monastery.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Length
 
493