Aubeterre
Community ID
 
1510
 
Town
 
Aubeterre
 
Diocese
 
Clermont
 
Region
 
6C
 
Date Founded
 
970 (circa). Refounded: circa 1150 .
 
Religious Order
 
norbertines
 
Foundation Information
 

There was a house of Bendictine nuns here in the 10th century. The site was given over to Norbertine sisters under the direction of Petronilla, wife of a local knight, about 1150.

 
First Members
 

Petronilla and her daughter Pontia were the first two abbesses

 
Dependency Of
 

Souvigny in 10thc

 
Contributors
 
Bruce L. Venarde
 
Date Started
 
970
 
Length
 
388